When the Charlotte Stone Crabs defeated the Lakeland Flying Tigers on Friday, May 20, at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland, Florida, it marked the official start of Fans for the Cure’s 10th Annual Summer Road Trip. Last year the Road Trip visited over 170 Major League and Minor League stadiums throughout the United States, carrying the message that men should visit their doctors and get a baseline PSA test as the first steps in the fight against prostate cancer. The schedule is similarly ambitious this summer, with a portion of these visits to cities to include medical seminars and screenings held in cooperation with local and national healthcare companies and physicians.
We will add these details to the events’ descriptions and in the News + Blog sections on the website as they are finalized. Appearances by Ed Randall and former big leaguers will also be updated as they become available, so follow the Summer Road Trip here.
Please consider making a donation to help defray the costs associated with our Road Trip, including the seminars, screenings, and awareness campaigns in and around the ballparks. Thank you again to many of our local and national sponsors, participating doctors and healthcare institutions, and our volunteers for making all the components of the Road Trip possible.
Next five Summer Road Trip Events:
- May 28: Altoona Curve at Bowie Baysox – Bowie MD
- June 7: Prostate Cancer Screening at the Biotechnology Innovation Organization Annual Convention – San Francisco CA
- June 8: Messages of Hope: Prostate Cancer: Innovation, Progress and Promise – Los Angeles CA
- June 9: St. Lucie Mets at Dunedin Blue Jays – Dunedin FL
- June 10: Let’s Talk About Your Prostate – New York NY